Sunday, May 20, 2012

Emerging from the "Blue Period"

Yesterday, when I brought Melanie down from her nap and changed her shirt, I asked her what color her shirt was. Normally, everything is blue. She knows there are different colors, and can identify many of them, but the one word that always answers the question, "What color is that?" is "bwue."

When I asked Melanie what color her shirt was, her exact response was, "Geen!" I bubbily asked her again, and she said, "Gween!"

I painted her (and my) toenails green about a week ago, and since then we've been talking about our green toes constantly. Well, I think I unintentionally discovered the perfect way to teach her her colors!

So, be watching our toes this summer... you'll see what color we're currently working on.

P.S. Her shirt was actually blue/turquoise, but I don't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment